The Society of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Science publishes “Universities’ Journal of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heights” (UJPAH) free of charge. It is being published since 2002 to provide opportunity to those students particularly, whohave no access to publication of their work. Every year, the Society of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Science organizes a seminar on “Herbal Research: Opportunities, Challenges and Beyond” in June and a Symposium on “Phytochemistry and Ayurveda: Potential and Prospects” in December along with the release of June and December issues of this Journal.
Aims and objects of the Journal
Uttarakhand is bestowed with rich and diverse herbal vegetation. Herbal medicines widely used in health-care in both the developed and developing countries, are complex chemical mixtures prepared from plants. As per WHO definition, there are three kinds of herbal medicines: raw plant material, processed plant material and medicinal herbal products. Different countries define medicinal plants or products derived from them in different ways and have adopted different approaches to licensing, dispensing, manufacturing and trading to ensure their safety, quality and efficacy. Hence, there is need for standard protocols for the authenticity and scientific documentation of efficacy of herbal preparations and products.
Keeping in view of the above facts, the object of publishing this journal is to provide a platform to scientists, academicians and young research scholars to discuss, share and publish work related to Ayurveda and scientific approaches in Phytochemistry, development of natural products and active pharmaceutical ingredients.Studies on clinical efficacy and authenticity of medicinal plants through current advancement of herbal preparations and products are emphasised.
About the Journal
The Universities’ Journal of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heightsis a bi-annual Journal publishing research work on herbs, natural products, phytochemicals and indigenous traditional system on Indian medicines for human health protection. Original articles, research articles, short communications and letters to the Editor on relevant topics are published.
The journal with ISSN 0973-3507 is abstracted and indexed by Indian Science Abstractsand has been assigned 2.69 as NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Sciences) Score effective from January 01, 2018. It is a peer reviewed journal. The journal is being collaborated with ‘World Pharmacology’ London.
The Journal has a Helping Board of Editors which assists young researchers free of charge in modification, correction and writing down a research paper in proper format. For such help, they may address to The Helping Board of Editors, Universities’ Journal of Phytochemistry and Ayurvedic Heights, 1- Inder Road, Dehradun, UK., India, PIN- 248001.
Guidelines for authors for Publication
- Manuscript must be sent in English.
- The papers are accepted for publication on the advice of the referees and peer reviewers.
- The copyright lies with the publisher. Publication of paper will be in clear understanding that they have not been submitted for publication or published in another journal.
- Authors wishing to include figures, tables or text passages which have already been published elsewhere, are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and on live format.
- The title of research work should be concise and informative. The names of authorsalongwith their affiliations as well as address, email and telephone number of the corresponding author should be given.
- The usual format of a manuscript comprises of Abstract (not exceeding 150 words), Key words, Introduction, Material and Methods, Observations, Results, Discussion and Conclusion, Acknowledgements, References and Tables and Figures and Photographs.
- The typed manuscript should not exceed 8 pages (single spaced) and tables and graphs should not exceed 10% of the typed manuscript.
- Authors must send a hard copy of the typed manuscript.
- The herbarium specimen number of plant(s) studied in case of less well known plants be cited using the collector and collection number (eg. Doe 123) as well as indicating the names of the herbarium institution where it has been deposited.
- Authors are requested to assign 3-6 keywords to the manuscript preferably taken from index Medicus of ExcerptaMedica Index for abstracting and indexing purposes. They should be mentioned after Abstract and before Introduction.
- References to literature are to be arranged alphabetically or numerically as the case may be and placed at the end of the article and referred to by name and year chronologically. Standard abbreviations listed in the World list of Science Periodicals should be used.
- A sample citation for giving References is mentioned: Journal: Singh, G.; Dhar, U. and Singhal, A.K. Origin of Kashmir Saffron – a possible clue from weeds. Sci.Cult., 2005, 43(1): 97-102. Book: Lippert, E.; Luder, W. and Bors, H. In: advances in Molecular Spectroscopy, Mangini, A. (ed.) (Oxford: Pergamon) Pp. 443. Book Chapter: Brown, B.; Acron, M. The politics of nature. In: Smith, J. (ed). The rise of modern genomics, 3rdedu. Wiley, New York, 2001, Pp. 230-257.
- Authors should prepare the original/ revised manuscripts carefully to minimize corrections and change at proof stage. Corrections should be sent by mail in PDF file.
- Correspondence pertaining to Journal be sent to the following email addresses-
- The publisher or editors have no responsibility for the statements, opinions and views expressed by contributors in the Journal and in case of any dispute, New Delhi shall be the place of jurisdiction for all legal purposes
Statement of Ethical policy
1. Editorial Board Members
- Guide on the policy of Journal and to publicize the journal to attract new contribution.
- Keep manuscript content confidential.
- Be careful of incident of plagiarism.
- Examine the manuscript content on merit irrespective of any concern to religion, race and gender of the authors.
- Allow reviewers reasonable time to evaluate the manuscript.
- Request the reviewers to disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Inform the reviewers that they are not permitted to make use of or take advantage of the work being reviewed by them.
- Ask the reviewers to keep the manuscript content confidential.
- Recognize the contributions of reviewers by sending them letter of thanks.
2. Authors and the corresponding authors
- The research papers for publication should carry consent of all the authors. They should add, delete, modify the manuscript where necessary on the request of Editors/Editorial Board.
- Authors should submit original work with the statement attesting to the originality of work they submit.
- If the authors have used research work done by others they must fully quote its reference.
- If any figure is taken from previous published work, authors are advised to seek a written permission from original authors/publishers and mention the source in the footmark of table or figure.
- 3. The names and email Addresses entered in this Journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this Journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party
- Provide unbiased feedback on the academic merits and scientific assessment value of the work along with their remark.
- Report about accuracy, originality and clarity of the work.
- Avoid criticism or biased remark.
- Keep the review report confidential.
The identification of authors or other contributors is necessary to establish accountability for the reported work.
Publication (Ethics for Publication)
The editorial board has the responsibility of maintaining ethical policy/practices to uphold integrity. The editors shall adopt appropriate measures to identify and check malpractice. In case of allegation of any misconduct, the editorial board shall deal with it as per guidelines of the board. The editors should not encourage misconduct and practice under any circumstances.
The authors will have to complete a ‘Journal Publishing Agreement’ if their articles are accepted for publication. The said Agreement form will be sent through email to the corresponding authors, to be returned duly filled in by them.
Panel of Peer – Reviewers
A panel of Peer- Reviewers of 10 members belonging to different areas of scientific studies has been formed to examine the research papers on merit, originality, and importance mentioning ways to improve it, recommending acceptance or rejection on the basis of rating.